“Look outside the valley”. Saalbach Hinterglemm is a side valley within the Salzburg mountains and is located in the Pinzgau in the Salzburger Land, a region full of amazing destinations, well-known sights and unforgettable adventures for everybody. And moreover the Pinzgau is not huge - many attractions are just around the corner from Saalbach Hinterglemm and can be reached after quite short drives.
There is so much you should not miss
A real “highlight region” - as the Salzburger Land is called by many visitors. By the way, this is not only the case when the weather is perfect. When it is not really welcoming for swimming, hiking, mountaineering or mountainbiking, there is a huge number of attractions which can easily be visited in the surrounding area. You will have access to most of them with one all-inclusive attraction card - the Salzburger Land Card.
A trip to the mountains
- High mountains wait for you just around the corner of Saalbach Hinterglemm
- The Großglockner High-Alpine-Road takes you to the “Hohe Tauern region”
- Quite close and easily accessible by car, motorbike or bus
- At the High Alpine Reservoirs in Kaprun there is much to learn about its technique, history and construction.
- Weißsee Glacier World - nature, mountains, glaciers and lakes high above Uttendorf
Summer swimming fun just around the corner
- Summer holiday in the mountains - swimming and bathing
- Lake Zell waits for you in the Zell am See-Kaprun region
- Fun, action and watersports with drinking water quality
- Surfing- and sailing schools and rental centers around the lake
- Cafes and restaurants help you to relax and enjoy
- Small lakes in Uttendorf, Niedernsill and Hollersbach offer good times too
Canyons and gorges no matter what the weather is like
- The Vorderkaserklamm is open since the 19th century
- The Seisenbergklamm appeared about 12.000 years ago as the ice had disappeared
- The Lamprechtshöhle is located near Weißbach bei Lofer
- With a stretch of 35 km it is the greatest of its kind
- The Kitzlochklamm or the Sigmund-Thun-Klamm are also just around the corner
Go for broke - with the Salzburger Land Card
- All attractions, sights and destinations with the Salzburger Land Card
- You will enjoy many advantages, discounts and special offers
- 200 destinations, trips, attractions and sights
- Exhibitions, museums in the city and on the countryside
- You’ll get the Salzburger Land Card in the information center in Saalbach Hinterglemm
There is much more you should not miss
- Hohe Tauern national park visitor center in Mittersill
- Tauern SPA Kaprun - wellness and spa in all kinds of weather
- Wildpark Ferleiten - nature and wild animals along the Großglockner High-Alpine-Road
- Schaubergwerk Leogang - a mine full of myths and history
- Kitzsteinhorn glacier - an attraction all year long
- Family mountain Maiskogel - with the “alpine coaster” Maisiflitzer
- Numerous museums, exhibitions and sights in the region
- And much more to see ...
You may also be interested in this!
Ready for an exploration?
If you are convinced that you will spend your next vacation in Saalbach Hinterglemm you can be sure of having chosen the best holiday location in the Salzburger Land. There will definitely be no time for boredom. So go ahead and book your next family holiday right now.
Searching & booking