Which is the best alpine cabin or hut? Which hut is the best stop for you when you are out there for a hike? Where do they serve the best food or the best “Kaiserschmarren”. Good questions: Saalbach Hinterglemm is huge and the selection of huts and cabins is great too. The right choice depends on the hiking tour or route you are about to take. You have many options - here you are offered some useful information.
It depends on the hiking route
Saalbach Hinterglemm offers different directions in which you can start your hike or trip to the mountains. You can easily reach most of the starting points by lift or cable car. A good hike always takes you to different stops for refreshment or rustic huts and cabins. In Saalbach Hinterglemm you’ll find a selection of up to 40 different huts to be visited. On this page we offer you some useful information and hints where to find the perfect hut for your buddies and you.
Hut-experience at the Zwölferkogel
- The Zwölferkogel is full of great hikes and hiking routes
- You reach the summit of the Hohe Penhab right beside the lift-station
- After you’ve reached the summit visit the Hintermaisalm or the Winkler Alm
- Rustic hut, modern infrastructure, good food and an amazing view over the valley
- Your kids will be busy at the playground and you can enjoy your food
Summit feeling at the Westgipfel
- The Westgipfelhütte at the Schattberg - right on the top
- Amazing view to the Hohe Tauern from the highest point of the ski resort
- You can enjoy a fresh beer, delicious food and friendly staff
- On your way to the valley the Hackelbergalm waits for your visit
- it is a mountainbike hotspot and you will meet a couple of bikers there
Meet wild animals at the Kohlmais
- We mean wild animals in the petting zoo - there is a feeding show every day
- The panorama is amazing - we named this place after it
- Check out the swimming pond and go for a swim at 1.650 meters
- On the patio you will enjoy local specialities and great meals
- The kids love the petting zoo and the huge playground
Alpine feeling and a “Brettljause de luxe
- Come and try a “Brettljause” - traditional, home-made snacks from the region
- High-rope-park, flying fox and jump & slide park will fascinate your kids
- Besides fun & action, you will find amazing nature in the valley of Hinterglemm
- Hikers enjoy traditional food and drinks at the Saalalm or the Ossmannalm
- After good food have a “Schnaps” and you’ll enjoy the silence and the great view
You have to try this
- Original “Pinzgau Bladln” - a traditional meal from the region
- “Brettljause” at the Saalalm - a plate full of meat, cheese and bread
- Home made bread - you can visit a bread bakingshow in the “Heimathaus”
- House made “Vogelbeerschnaps” - the best liquor in the Pinzgau
- A pint of original Salzburg beer - in the Sunbar of the Rosentalerhof
- A plate of cheese dumpling soup at the Pfefferalm - you've never had better soup
You may also be interested in this!
You want to experience the hutfeel itself?
If you spend your holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm and go on a hike into the mountains, be prepared for many highlights. Do you want to find the most traditional huts and most rustic cabins on the mountains? Yes! Then book your next vacation in Saalbach Hinterglemm right now.
Searching & booking